North Newton, KS 67117
***********Located in Newton************
Small Engine Mechanic
- The Small Engine Mechanic repairs and maintains gasoline engines used to power equipment such as portable saws, lawn mowers, generators, and compressors.
- The Small Engine Mechanic adjusts points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges.
- The Small Engine Mechanic reassembles engines after repair or maintenance work is complete.
- The Small Engine Mechanic records repairs made, time spent, and parts used.
- The Small Engine Mechanic performs routine maintenance such as cleaning and oiling parts, honing cylinders, and tuning ignition systems.
- The Small Engine Mechanic obtains problem descriptions from customers, and prepares cost estimates for repairs.
- The Small Engine Mechanic tests and inspects engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments.
- The Small Engine Mechanic repairs or replaces defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools.
- The Small Engine Mechanic sells parts and equipment as part of their job function.
- The Small Engine Mechanic shows customers how to maintain equipment.
Strong organizational skills
Read, decipher and formulate a plan of action and implementation
The ability to read a tech manual preferred
Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Must have valid DL
If you have your own tools, all the better!